Following the positive feedback from our first Time-Speed-Distance (TSD) Rally at Porsches in the Park this summer, we have organized another rally for Saturday, October 8. Come have coffee, donuts and camaraderie at the Gathering at Rennstatt (Arbor Motion); the rally will start from there. Driver's meeting will be at 10AM and first car out at 10:30. Drive route will be to the southeast, and will end at Original Gravity Brewing Company in Milan for awards around 1:30. Should be a great time and hope to have some returning competitors as well as some new folks!
Electronic pre-registration through MotorsportReg (MSR) is REQUIRED! Here is a link to detailed instructions for those who are familiar with MSR and especially for those who are not: MSR Registration Instructions
Link to TSD Rally Registration TSD Rally Registration Link
Registration and a $15/car entry fee will be required.
TSD Rally Registration closes Wednesday, 10/05 @ 11:59pm
Some basics on TSD Rallying for first-timers… While the primary objective is of course to have fun with our cars and our friends, TSD is a competition– we do keep score and there will be winners and prizes!
TSD stands for Time – Speed – Distance. Competitors attempt to follow a given route at a series of fixed speeds; the winner is the team that most closely matches the ideal time over each of the measured sections of the route.
Some basics of how it works:
· There will be no dirt roads. You don't need to worry about any damage or wear and tear to your vehicle beyond normal PCA scenic drives.
· We're using a smartphone app to track your progress. Not only does this make the rally much easier for the competitors (no need to try to find a checkpoint and fill out time slips), it lets us keep track of where you are– if anyone gets off course we can call you and get you back on the route.
· The driving route is roughly two hours long; counting breaks we expect everyone to finish in about 2.5-3 hours.
· Legal speeds are maintained throughout– there is no need or advantage to exceeding posted speeds.
· There will be a single class with no advanced rally equipment allowed. Everyone can be competitive with just their car and smartphone.
· There aren't any tricks to try to get you lost. Main challenge will just be maintaining the correct speed. Intent is for everyone to have fun on a nice drive route!
· There will be a “gimmick” so even those who don't get the best times will have a chance to win a prize.
Rally school: October 5th, 2022 at 8:00PM Zoom call; about 1½ hours. We will resend the last rally school info and answer any questions. During this school we will cover the app as well as other topics including roundabouts.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Your Rally Masters
| This email was sent by Glenn Trapp and the National Porsche Club of America, Inc. © Copyright 2022 Porsche Club of America Inc. All rights reserved.