Porsches in the Park
Saturday, July 16th
1:30 – 9:30 pm
German Park, Ann Arbor, MI
Enjoy some 100+ Porsches gathered for a fun filled weekend in Ann Arbor with 3 Automotive Events
- Ann Arbor Rolling Sculpture – Friday July 15th 2 – 9 pm
- Ann Arbor Cars & Coffee – Saturday July 16th 7:30 – 9:00 am
- Porsches in the Park 2022 – Saturday July 16th 1:30 – 9:30 pm
Porsches from all over Zone 4 PCA will gather @ German Park (5 miles north of Ann Arbor) for a great afternoon & evening of activities and socializing. All Porsches are welcome from classic to the latest, cars to SUVs to tractors, water – air – electric, rear – front engine.
3 Automotive Events in Ann Arbor (July 15-16)
This is a great weekend to be in Ann Arbor as a car enthusiast. There are three major events which you can enjoy on both Friday and Saturday.
Rolling Sculpture: Friday, July 15 (2pm – 9ish)
Each year the Ann Arbor Mainstreet Events organization blocks the streets of downtown Ann Arbor and some 250+ cars line the streets. There is always a great turn out of some pretty special cars including a number of Porsches. Stroll the streets and take in the cars and the wonderful places to eat and drink.
Attend for free: There is no cost to attend the event
Show your car: To show your car there is a pre-registration required, it’s a $35 fee. Registration requires you to download the document and fill out by June 17th. Note: if you plan to show your car, you’ll want to arrive in the early afternoon as they stage the cars before people show up. Plan on arriving around 1-2pm)
- Register your car to show (Complete and post-date by June 17) – Registration Document
- For more information about Rolling Sculpture – Website
- For some great pictures see this website – Pictures
Ann Arbor Cars & Coffee: Saturday, July 16 (7:30 – 9:00am)
This is the 10th year of the Ann Arbor Cars and Coffee season which is held at Zingerman’s Roadhouse on Jackson Rd just west of downtown. This event started with a bunch of the local Rally Sport Region Porsche Club members and now has some 150+ cars each month. It meets on the 3rd Saturday of every month and there is always great people and fantastic coffee and breakfast. https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborCarsAndCoffee
Porsches in the Park 2022: Saturday, July 16 (1:30 – 9pm)
This will be the inaugural event bringing together some 100+ Porsches to German Park which is just north of downtown Ann Arbor. We’ve invited all of Zone 4 Porsche Club of America to attend and are hopeful to see some of our closest Porsche friends in attendance. The event will have a number of activities including drives, car judging, an superb dinner, a German band, dancing and some great people to enjoy your evening with.
Agenda for Porsches in the Park
The Porsches in the Park begins with drives at 1:30 pm on July 16th. The event takes place at German Park which is located about 5 miles north of Ann Arbor.
- Drives: Join us for either a Time Speed Distance Rally or a Tour through the Country
- Time Speed Distance Gimmick Rally: Requires two people to participate, one driver and one navigator. You’ll have a pre-defined route with specific checkpoints that measure your overall time. There will be a designated number of stops. Each stop will have something unique for the drivers to see and document in order to earn a card for the poker run. At the end, the car that has the best result wins a special recognition. There will also be a prize for best poker hand.
- Tour through the Country: Enjoy a group tour through the rolling countryside of Washtenaw and Livingston counties. The tours will be staggered and group different paces of drives.
- People’s Choice Judging & Awards: All registrants will participate in a “People’s Choice” voting for different categories of awards and recognition. All participants can stroll the designated Porsche parking corrals and vote for their favorite cars while socializing with the owners.
- Superb dinner: The Produce Station provides great food and you’ll be treated to
- Appetizers: including bruschetta, canapes, fruit platter, veggies & hummus
- Entrees: including London Broil, Tuscan Chicken, Pesto tortellini; salads, eggplant, and other veggies
- Desserts: we’ll have cookies, brownies, and other tasty desserts
- Soda and water are included in the meal
- Wine and beer are available for purchase
- The Eric Neubauer Ensemble band will play for the evening a combination of German and other music to celebrate the evening. Dancing, socializing, and having a great time with fellow Porsche owners will be in store.
Registration & Hotel Block Information
Registration for Porsches in the Park: Register for the Porsches in the Park on July 16 from 1:30 – 9:30 pm. Registration includes access to the event and all event activities. This includes a “superb dinner” dinner from the Produce Station, a German band, dancing, driving tours, peoples choice judging, and socializing with other Porsche PCA members. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
Ticket price: $60.00 / person
Cut off is July 2nd, 2022
Tee-shirts for sale in check-out
We will be selling Tee-Shirts and other SWAG for Porsches in the Park. The cost will be $20 / shirt. Please specify size when ordering your tickets
Hotel Room Block: discounted rooms for Porsche members
We’ve reached out to three local hotels to guarantee a discounted room rate and availability for our Porsche guests when they come to town. All the hotels offer parking and various options depending on your travel requirements.
Ann Arbor Residence Inn (rate $189/night) This hotel is in downtown Ann Arbor and you can park your car in the parking garage next door and walk to the various establishments in downtown Ann Arbor. Book your group rate for RSRPCA
Ann Arbor Sheraton Inn (rate $139/night) This hotel is located across the street from Briarwood Mall which is right off of State Street and I-94. This well appointed hotel offers full service and a large parking lot. Book your group rate for RSRPCA Porsches in the Park
Ann Arbor Hampton Inn – West ($134/night) This hotel is located on the west side of Ann Arbor right off of I-94 and Jackson Rd. There is plenty of parking and you’ll be close to the Ann Arbor Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning. Book your group rate for RSRPCA